NCERT Textbook Solutions
- An Alien Hand
- Contemporary India - I
- Contemporary India - II
- Democratic Politics - I
- Democratic Politics - II
- English Literature Reader
- India and the Contemporary World - I
- India and the Contemporary World - II
- Interact in English
- Kritika Bhag 1
- Kritika Bhag 2
- Kshitij Bhag 1
- Kshitij Bhag 2
- Our Environment
- Our Past II
- Our Pasts - III
- Resources and Development
- Social and Political Life - II
- Social and Political Life - III
- Understanding Economic Development
- Understanding Economics
- Vasant Bhag 2
- Vasant Bhag 3
CBSE (CCE Type) MCQs
Chapter 4, Materials : Metals and Non-Metals | Class 8, Cbse Ncert Science Solutions | Model Questions with Answers
Class VIII, NCERT (CBSE) Science
MATERIALS: METALS AND NON-METALS
Additional Important Questions for Examination Preparation with Answers
Very Short Answer Questions (VSQ)
Q.1: Name two metals which are both malleable and ductile.
Q.2: Name a metal which exists in liquid state.
Q.3: Identify the most reactive and the least metal amongst the following:
K, Cu, Au.
Q.4: Which metal is used for making foils for packing of medicine tablets?
Q.5: Which metal is used for decorating sweets?
Q.6: Name a non-metal which is a good conductor of heat and electricity.
Q.7: Oxides of non-metals are generally of which nature?
Q.8: How do non-metals react with water?
Q.9: What is displacement reaction?
Q.10: Why silver does not displace hydrogen from dilute hydrochloric acid?
Short Answer Questions (SQ)
Q.11: What are Sonorous materials?
Q.12: Define: (1) Malleability (2) Ductility (3) Metals (4) Non-metals (5) Metalloids
Q.13: What is Rust ?
Q.14: What is an alloy? Describe.
Q.15: How do different metals react with water?
Long Answer Questions
Q.16: Why are utensils made of aluminium and brass?
Q.17: Give reasons:
(i) Iron is used in constructing bridges and houses.
(ii) Aluminium is used for making electrical wires.
(iii) Sulphur is counted as non-metal.
Q.18: Give some uses of non-metals.
Q.19: Compare the chemical properties of metals and non-metals.
Class 8, Cbse Ncert Science | Chapter 4, Materials : Metals and Non-Metals | Exercise Questions with Answers [Read]
CBSE Board Class VIII, Ncert Science Notes and MCQ | Materials : Metals and Non-Metals [Read]
Posted by Dr. Abhijit Joardar
Know-More Articles = Extrascore
- Class XII NCERT Physics - Magnetism and Matter - CBSE sample questions (Assignment)
- VITEEE 2015 - Engineering Entrance Examination notification for Admissions to B Tech in Vellore Institute of Technology University
- MySQL, Class 12 Informatics Practices - Solutions of CBSE IP Questions and NCERT Guide
- West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam for Engineering and Medical Colleges: Changes in Bengal JEE marks from 2015
- Council of Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) going Hi-Tech for Answer Sheet Evaluation of ICSE and ISC Exams
- Reproduction In Organisms - Value Based Questions VBQs for CBSE Class 12 Biology
- CBSE Class 12 Physics Practice Questions Paper
- Reproductive Health - CBSE Class XII Chapter 4, Biology - NCERT Questions Bank (Long answers 5 marks)
- Class 12 Biology, Human Reproduction - NCERT solutions of CBSE short answer type sample questions important for CBSE Board Exam, Medical Entrance Exams and other Admission Tests
- CBSE Value-Based Questions for Class 9, 10, 11 and Class XII Board Exams