CBSE CCE NCERT
Class X, Mathematics
(Practice Paper-1 / Guess Paper-1)
Formative Assessment - III (FA-3)
Time: 1 ½ Hours
1. (i) Write the general form of a quadratic equation in standard form.
(ii) If 6x2 – x – 1 = 0 then x = . . . . . .?
(iii) The nth term of an AP: a, a+d, a+2d, . . . . . . . is tn = . . . .
(iv) In AP: a, a+d, a+2d, . . . . . l, the Pth term from the end = . . . .
(v) Find the sum of the AP: 4, 9, 14, . . . . . . . 89.
(vi) Find the distance between the points (3,4) and (6, –3).
(vii) Angle of elevation = . . . . . .
(viii) Write the equation of x-axis = ?
(ix) Abscissa of any point on the y-axis is . . . . . .
(x) Which term of the AP: 2.9, 3.2, 3.5, 3.8, . . . . is 8 ?
2. The product of two consecutive positive integers is 306. We need to find the integers.
3. A train travels 360 km at a uniform speed if the speed had been 5 km/hr more, it would have taken 1 hr less for the same journey. Find the speed of the train.
4. How many three digit numbers are divisible by 7 ?
5. Find the point on the x-axis which is equidistant from (2, –5) and (–2, 9).
6. Prove that the tangents drawn at the ends of a diameter of a circle are parallel.
7. A quadrilateral ABCD is drawn to circumscribe a circle. Prove that
AB + CD = AD + BC
8. Draw a triangle ABC with side BC = 6 cm AB = 5 cm and / ABC = 60O, then construct a triangle whose sides are ¾ of the corresponding sides of the triangle ABC.
9. Find the area of the quadrilateral whose vertices are taken in order (–4, –2), (–3, –5), (3, –2) and (2, 3).
10. A 1.5 m tall boy is standing at some distance from a 30 m tall building. The angle of elevation from his eyes to the top of the building. Increase from 30O to 60O as the he moves towards the building. Find the distance he walked towards the building.
11. (a) The altitude of a right triangle is 7 cm less than the base. If the hypotenuse is 13 cm, find the other two sides.
(b) How many multiples of 4 lie between 10 and 250 ?