CBSE NCERT Class 10 Science
(Practice Paper / Guess Paper)
Formative Assessment - III (FA-3) (CCE pattern)
1. Attempt all questions are compulsory.
1. Write the name of male reproductive parts of a flower. 
2. What is the function of a gene? 
3. Who proposed the theory of Natural Selection? 
4. What is the ‘Near Point’ of a normal human eye? 
5. Name two basic components of an ecosystem. 
6. What is Pollination? 
7. What are fossils? 
8. What is meant by power of accommodation of the eye? 
9. Write an aquatic food chain. 
10. Why is it necessary to conserve our environment? 
11. A person with a myopia eye cannot see objects beyond 1.2 m distinctly. What should be the type of the corrective lens used to restore proper vision? 
12. How do Mendel’s experiments show that traits may be dominant or recessive? 
13. Explain various steps of budding in Yeast. 
14. How is the process of pollination different from fertilization? 
15. Describe with a neat diagram how near sightedness (myopia) can be corrected by using appropriate lenses. 
16. (a) Describe asexual reproduction in Amoeba.
(b) How does sexual reproduction in plants take place? [2½ + 2½ = 5]
17. (a) What are tropic levels? Give an example of a food chain and state the different tropic levels in it.
(b) What is a biological magnification? Will the levels of this magnification be different at different levels of the ecosystem? [2 + 3 = 5]